2000- 2007 | Medical Degree at the Aristotle University Thessaloniki
2007- 2009 | Master of Science Public Health at the Charité Medical University Berlin
2009- 2015 | Doctorate at the Department of Healthcare Management,
Berlin University of Technology
2016-2017 | Commonwealth Fund Harkness Fellowship  in Health Care Policy and Practice
2017 | Young Gastein Scholar at the European Health Forum Gastein 
2015 | Young Gastein Scholar at the European Health Forum Gastein 
2014 | Young Gastein Scholar at the European Health Forum Gastein 
2013 | Young Gastein Scholar at the European Health Forum Gastein 
2007 - 2008 | DAAD-Scholarship for German School Alumni
2009 - 2010 | HTAcademy  Scholarship, Pfizer Deutschland GmbH
2009 | Student Assistant at the Master Study Program „Health and Society", Charité Medical University Berlin
2009 - 2011 | Collaborator at Clinpath GmbH
2009 - 2013 | Guest lecturer at Berlin School of Public Health (Health Technology Assessment, Health Systems Research)
2010 - present | Research Fellow at the Department for Healthcare Management, Berlin University of Technology
Teaching responsibilities at MiG
Master of Science in Public Health (MScPH) in cooperation with Charité Berlin, Module "Distribution of Disease and Approaches to Action.
HTAOnline: Continued Professional Development course on health technology assessment (blended learning) 
HTAOnline: Blended-learning course on health technology assessment for students
Health Forum Gastein, 3-5 October 2018
- Keynote speaker and panelist, “Innovative Medicines for the good of all - New business models in research funding and cooperation”
- AcademyHealth National Health
Policy Conference, Februar 5-6 2018, Washington, DC
- Panteli D, Giovannelli J, Lucia K: “Defining Essential Benefits for the Private Health In-surance Market: Insights from State Regulators on Past Experience and the Road Ahead”
European Public Health Conference, 2-5 November 2017, Stockholm,
- Pharmaceutical gaps and unmet need in Europe - a workshop primer (PDF, 1,3 MB) 
- Improving Quality in European Health Systems - a Comprehensive Framework Approach (PDF, 1,2 MB) 
- Health Policy and Management seminar, University of California Los Angeles, Fielding School of Public Health, February 9 2017, Los Angeles, USA: “Pharmaceutical expenditure, regulation and pricing in Europe”
- AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting, June 25-27, New Orleans, USA: “Cross-Country Comparisons of Drug Prices: Methodological Challenges and Recent Evidence from Europe”
- iHEA (International Health Economics Association) Conference, July 8-11, Boston, USA: “Cross-Country Comparisons of Drug Prices: Methodological Challenges and Recent Evidence from Europe”
- HTAi 13th Annual Meeting, May 10-14 2016, Tokyo, Japan: “Teaching HTA at the Berlin University of Technology: concept and evolution of a blended learning course”
- Baltic Policy Dialogue, October 28-29 2015, Riga, Latvia: “Therapeutic and economic evaluation of medicines: the European experience”
- ADVANCE_HTA Capacity Building Workshop, September 23-24 2015, Warsaw, Poland: “Evaluation of Medical Devices: How is it different? Current practices across European HTA agencies”
- ADVANCE_HTA Capacity Building Workshop, September 9-11 2015, Santiago, Chile: “Evaluation of Medical Devices: How is it different? Current practices across European HTA agencies”
- HTAi 12th Annual Meeting, June 15-17 2015, Oslo, Norway: “Exploring approaches towards economic evaluation for different types of medical devices based on a taxonomic model in the logic of HTA”
- 7th European Public Health Conference, 19-22 October 2014, Glasgow, UK: "Insights on continuity of care in the cross-border context: a survey of German patients"
- HTAi 11th Annual Meeting, June 16-18 2014,
Washington DC, USA:
- "Equity considerations among HTA agencies: current practice and ways forward"
- "A taxonomy of medical devices in the logic of HTA"
- "The process of evidence-based decision-making for the reimbursement and pricing of pharmaceuticals in Europe: mapping approaches in 36 countries"
- "The role of dissemination bias in pharmaceutical coverage decisions: an analysis of practices in European countries"
- Symposium: “The effect of economic crisis and austerity on mental health and services in Europe”, 10 September 2013, Berlin School of Mind and Brain: “Health system functions and the financial crisis”
- HTAi 9th Annual Meeting, June 23-27 2012, Bilbao, Spain: "A systematic approach for identifying current practices of doing HTAs across international HTA agencies"
- HTAi 7th Annual Meeting, June 6-9 2010, Dublin, Ireland: “Equity and Health Technology Assessment: A Systematic Review of the Literature”.
- Busse R, Klazinga N, Panteli D, Quentin W (Eds.)(2019). Improving healthcare quality in Europe. Characteristics, effectiveness and implementation of different strategies. Copenhagen, WHO Regional Office for Europe. In Press.
- Economou C, Panteli D (2019). Monitoring and documenting systemic and health effects of health reforms in Greece. Copenhagen, WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Fuchs S, Olberg B, Perleth M, Busse R, Panteli D (2019): Testing a new taxonomic model for the assessment of medical devices: Is it plausible and applicable? Insights from HTA reports and interviews with HTA institutions in Europe. Health Policy; 123(2):173-181.
- Panteli D, Busse R (2019). Health technology assessment at age 25-Squaring the circle of strong methodology and context-dependency? Health Policy. 2019 Feb;123(2):115-117. doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2019.01.007.
- Robinson JC, Panteli D, Ex P (2019). Reference Pricing in Germany: Implications for U.S. Pharmaceutical Purchasing. New York, The Commonwealth Fund.
- Vogler S, Schneider P, Panteli D, Busse R (2019). Biosimilars in Germany and in European Comparison: developments and potential (in German). In Schwabe U (Ed.): Arzneiverordnungsreport 2019. Heidelberg, Springer Verlag. In Press.
- Panteli D, Edwards S (2018). Ensuring access to medicines: how to stimulate innovation to meet patients’ needs? Copenhagen, WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Panteli D et al. (2018). Assistive Devices: Regulation and Coverage in Five European Countries. Toronto, North American Observatory on Health Systems and Policies.
- Vogler S, Paris V, Panteli D (2018). Ensuring access to medicines: how to redesign pricing, reimbursement and procurement? Policy brief for the European Observatory on Health Sys-tems and Policies. Kopenhagen, WHO Regional Office for Europe.
- Busse R, Panteli D, Schröder H, Schröder M, Telschow C, Weiss J (2017). Europäischer Preisvergleich für patentgeschützte Arzneimittel. [European comparison of on-patent pharmaceuticals]. In U Schwabe & D Paffrath (Eds.), Arzneiverordnungs-Report 2016 (pp. 195-208). Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Verlag.
- Edwards S, Panteli D (2017). Pathways to better and affordable medicines. Eurohealth: 23 (3): x-xx.
- Olberg B, Fuchs S, Panteli D, Perleth M, Busse R (2017). Scientific Evidence in Health Technology Assessment Reports: An In-Depth Analysis of European Assessments on High-Risk Medical Devices. Value in Health; DOI: 10.1016/j.jval.2017.05.011.
- Palanker D, Lucia K, Panteli D (2017). What Makes Covering Maternity Care Different? Health Affairs Blog, available online at healthaffairs.org/blog/2017/06/29/what-makes-covering-maternity-care-different/  ;
- Albreht T, Pribaković Brinovec R, Jošar D, Poldrugovac M, Kostnapfel T, Zaletel M, Panteli D, Maresso A (2016). Slovenia: Health system review. Health Syst Transit 18(3):1–207.
- Busse R, Panteli D (2016). Keine Angst vorm Eingriff. Gesundheit und Gesellschaft 5/16; ISSN: 1436-1728
- Busse R, Panteli D, Schaufler J, Schröder H, Telschow C, Weiss J (2016). Europäischer Preisvergleich für patentgeschützte Arzneimittel. [European comparison of on-patent pharmaceuticals]. In U Schwabe & D Paffrath (Eds.), Arzneiverordnungs-Report 2016 (pp. 193-206). Heidelberg, Germany: Springer Verlag.
- Busse R, Panteli D, Schaufler J, Schröder H, Telschow C, Weiss J (2016). Preise patentgeschützter Arzneimittel im europäischen Vergleich. [The prices of on-patent pharmaceuticals in Germany and other European countries]. Berlin: Wissenschaftliches Institut der AOK (WiDO).
- Espín J, Rovira J, Calleja A, Azzopardi-Muscat N, Richardson E, Palm W, Panteli D (2016). How can voluntary cross-border collaboration in public procurement improve access to health technologies in Europe? Copenhagen, World Health Organization.
- Fuchs S, Olberg B, Panteli D, Perleth M, Busse R (2016). HTA of medical devices: Challenges and ideas for the future from a European perspective. Health Policy doi: 10.1016/j.healthpol.2016.08.010. [Epub ahead of print].
- Fuchs S, Olberg B, Panteli D, Busse R (2016). Health Technology Assessment of Medical Devices in Europe: a systematic review of processes, practices and methods in European countries. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 32:4, 1-10.
- Panteli D, Arickx F, Cleemput I, Dedet G, Eckhardt H, Fogarty E, Gerkens S, Henschke C, Hislop J, Jommi C, Kaitelidou D, Kawalec P, Keskimäki I, Kroneman M, Lopez Bastida J, Pita Barros P, Ramsberg J, Schneider P, Spillane S, Vogler S, Vuorenkoski L, Wallach Kildemoes H, Wouters O, Busse R (2016). Pharmaceutical regulation in 15 European countries: Review. Health Syst Transit 18(5):1–118.
- Panteli D, Nolting A, Eckhardt H, Kulig M, Busse R (2016). Published and unpublished evidence in coverage decision-making for pharmaceuticals in Europe: existing approaches and way forward. Health Res Policy Syst. 2016 Jan 26;14(1):6. doi: 10.1186/s12961-016-0080-9.
- Panteli D, van Ginneken E (2016). Defining health care benefit packages: how sufficientarian is current practice? In Fourie C, Rid A (Eds.), How much is enough? Sufficiency and thresholds in Health Care. Oxford, Oxford University Press.
- Busse R, Panteli D, Henschke C (2015). Pharmaceutical Care in the German Statutory Health Insurance System and 15 other European Health Systems: a systematic comparison. [Arzneimittelversorgung in der GKV und 15 anderen europäischen Gesundheitssystemen: ein systematischer Vergleich]. Working Papers in Health Policy and Management Vol. 11. Berlin: Universitätsverlag der Technischen Universität Berlin.
- Henschke C, Panteli D, Perleth M, Busse R (2015). A taxonomy of medical devices in the logic of HTA. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 31(5):324-30.
- Panteli D, Kreis J, Busse R (2015). Considering equity in HTA: an exploratory analysis of agency practices. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 31(5):314-23.
- Panteli D, Eckhardt H, Nolting A, Busse R, Kulig M (2015). From market access to patient access: overview of evidence-based approaches for the reimbursement and pricing of pharmaceuticals in 36 European countries. Health Res Policy Syst 13:39; doi: 10.1186/s12961-015-0028-5.
- Panteli D, Wittenbecher F, Busse R (2015). Medical added benefit of hemodiafiltration compared to hemodialysis regarding mortality and quality of life. [Medizinischer Zusatznutzen von Hämodiafiltration gegenüber Hämodialyse bezüglich Mortalität und Lebensqualität]. Dtsch Med Wochenschr 140(11):e114-9.
- Panteli D, Wagner C, Verheyen F, Busse R (2015). Continuity of care in the cross-border context: insights from a survey of German patients treated abroad. Eur J Public Health 25(4):557-63.
- Panteli D, Wagner C, Verheyen F, Busse R (2015). ‘Know before you go’: information-seeking behaviour of German patients receiving health services abroad in light of the provisions of Directive 2011/24/EU. J Health Serv Res Policy 20(3):154-61.
- Panteli D, Augustin U, Röttger J, Struckmann V, Verheyen F, Wagner C, Busse R (2015). Informed consumer or unlucky visitor? A profile of German patients who received dental services abroad. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 43(5):415-23.
- Struckmann V, Panteli D, Legido-Quigley H, Risso-Gill I, McKee M, Busse R (2015). Deciding when physicians are unfit to practice: an analysis of responsibilities, policy and practice in 11 European Union Member States. Clinical Medicine 15(4): 319-24.
- Blümel M, Panteli D, van Ginneken E (2014). Assuring quality of inpatient care in Germany: existing and new approaches. EuroHealth 20 (3): 52-55.
- Kreis J, Panteli D, Busse R (2014). How health technology assessment agencies address the issue of unpublished data. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 30(1): 34-43.
- Sole M, Panteli D, Risso-Gill I, Döring N, Busse R, McKee M, Legido-Quigley H (2014). How do medical doctors in the European Union demonstrate that they continue to meet criteria for registration and licencing? Clinical Medicine 14(6):633-9.
- Risso-Gill I, Legido-Quigley H, Panteli D, McKee M (2014). Assessing the role of regulatory bodies in managing health professional issues and errors in Europe. Int J Qual Health Care 26(4):348-57.
- Augustin U, Panteli D, Busse R (2013). Radiotherapy across the border: treating Danish patients in Flensburg Malteser hospital (Germany-Denmark). In Glinos IA, Wismar M (eds.) Hospitals and Borders. Copenhagen: World Health Organization.
- Knai C, Footman K, Glonti K, Warren E, Panteli D (2013). Disease Management Across Borders. Eurohealth 19(4): 8-9.
- Knai C, Footman K, Glonti K, Warren E, Panteli D (2013). The role of discharge summaries in improving continuity of care across borders. EuroHealth, 19(4): 10-11.
- Legido-Quigley H, Panteli D, Car J, McKee M, Busse R (2013). Clinical guidelines for chronic conditions in the European Union. Copenhagen: World Health Organization (for the European Observatory on Health Systems and Policies).
- Risso-Gill I, Panteli D, Kovacs E, Sole M, Struckmann V, Legido-Quigley H, McKee M (2013). Processes and regulatory procedures of doctors in the European Union. Eurohealth Vol. 19(4): 6-7.
- Tinelli M, Nikoloski Z, Panteli D (2013): What information do patients want when choosing a hospital at home or abroad? A case study from Germany. Eurohealth, 19(4):14-16.
- Brusamento S, Legido-Quigley H, Panteli D, Turk E, Knai C, Saliba V, Car J, McKee M, Busse R (2012). Assessing the effectiveness of strategies to implement clinical guidelines for the management of chronic diseases at primary care level in EU Member States. Health Policy 107(2-3):168-83.
- Dimova A, Rohova M, Moutafova E, Atanasova E, Koeva S, Panteli D, van Ginneken E (2012). Bulgaria: Health system review. Health Syst Transit 14(3):1–186.
- Knai C, Brusamento S, Legido-Quigley H, Saliba V, Panteli D, Turk E, Car J, McKee M, Busse R (2012). Systematic review of the methodological quality of clinical guideline development for the management of chronic disease in Europe. Health Policy 107(2-3):157-67.
- Legido-Quigley H, Panteli D, Brusamento S, Knai C, Saliba V, Turk E, Solé M, Augustin U, Car J, McKee M, Busse R (2012). Clinical guidelines in the European Union: mapping the regulatory basis, development, quality control, implementation and evaluation across member states. Health Policy 107(2-3):146-56.
- Gaál P, Szigeti Sz, Panteli D, Gaskins M, van Ginneken E (2011). Major challenges ahead for Hungarian healthcare. BMJ 2011; 343.
- Gaál P, Szigeti Sz, Csere M, Gaskins M, Panteli D (2011). Hungary: Health System Review. Health Syst Transit 13(5): 1-266.
- Panteli D, Zentner A, Storz P, Busse R (2011). Gender in Health Technology Assessment: Pilot study on agency approaches. Int J Technol Assess Health Care 27(3): 224-229.
- Sagan A, Panteli D, Borkowski W (...) Busse R (2011). Poland – Health system review. Health Syst Transit 13(8): 1-193.